This is a service made for the convenience of our local clientele.
Clients wanting to use this service must have a valid form of government identification. Examples of that are a state-issued ID, driver license, passport, valid alien registration card, military ID, veteran ID Card, department of defense, license to carry ID card, commercial driver license and student ID's are acceptable for the current year of enrollment. However, voter registration cards or voter ID's are not accepted.
When you drop off your refund for processing, it must accompany all of the following/required documents. If any items are missing you will be contacted within 48 hours to notify you of the required missing items. You will be given 72 hours to provide the required documents if the items are not dropped off in the allotted time all items that were dropped off will be shredded and you will be required to make a face to face appointment.
Items needed are as follows:
1. Unexpired State issued Government ID or driver license, as well as proof of residency
2. Social security card/number
3. Bill/ or another item with current address
4. Bank deposit for refund purposes or payment purposes, I.e a voided
check, or routing number bank account number name of entity
5. Birth certificate for DEPENDENTS ONLY
6. All W2s, 1099s, self-employment receipts, any form of deductible income
that needs reporting
7. Any dependents information such as IDs, birth certificates, social security
8. Any deductions or receipts that you want to claim. Ie property taxes,
mortgage points, real Estate, tithes and offering church documents
9. Any education information, name of the school, prior school information,
certificate education, job training education
10. Nonprofit organization all supporting documentation and information
11. Any required filing forms or required PIN numbers issued to you by the
IRS, if you were a victim of identity theft all accompanying information.
12. Email address and telephone number
Protecting clients' identities and data is a must. For us to be able to stop fraud, waste, and abuse we must all work together as a community.
Requiring proof is a must as not only does it protect Tasha's Taxes company, but it protects the public as well. Stolen identity is on the rise as technology continues to aggressively change. So we do our best here to comply with the rules and regulations of the IRS, but we also make sure that protection is at the forefront of our companies motto.
Tasha at my previous tax preparer's office they didn't request so much paperwork.
Tasha, it seems that more and more documents are being asked for each year why is that.
Tasha is the request for more proof of documentation you're only means of measurement of protecting my identity?
Tasha what if I have more questions, will you be there to answer them or will I be forced to talk to an automated machine?